Koshish Spastic Society (KSS) is establish on 17 Sept. 2005. Its founding members are Dr Rajesh Mahajan (M. S. Ph. T., Chief Physiotherapist) from Amritsar, Dr Naresh Sagar M. D. Ayurvedic from Hoshiarpur, Mr Jatinder Puri who is running an educational institute in Amritsar and Mr Vipan Kumar, a reputed businessman & social worker in Amritsar.
The society was formed for the welfare of Special Children (Cerebral Palsy, Autism and Mentally Retarded Children) and handicap persons. KSS organise camps for treatment of handicap & special children and to educate their parents for the welfare of special children.
Our Mission is to propel perceptions of disability from a label to the empowerment and enablement of ability to achieve inclusion in all streams of life. Towards this end, KSS will endeavor at all times to achieve reaching of the highway of enablement and empowerment for persons with developmental disability by the following 8 steps. We will try to inculcate these principles in our members not as a slogan but as a matter of attitude and habit in our daily professional practice.
- Early diagnosis of all developmental disorders as early as possible with in the limitations of presently available professional and technological competencies.
- Effective communication and education of parents for coping strategies required to meet the demands and stresses of parenting special children according to the needs of the families with a family cantered approach.
- Evolving early developmental guidance models which are eclectic, need based, culturally sensitive & cost effective for optimal development without accent on therapy methods & techniques trying to fix disability & pursue the impossible dream of normalization.
- Enabling medical and educational management with a person first approach by creating opportunities for activities and participation as per ICF model.
- Environmental enrichment by breaking down architectural and attitudinal barriers from health care to employment levels.
- Enhancing quality of life of individuals with disabilities with competencies however compromised they may be and promote well-being of their families to ensure their rightful place under the sunshine as envisaged in the WHO convention on the rights of the disabled.
- Encouraging networking at national and international levels among all professionals to facilitate intra and inter disciplinary interaction to care, share, learn and mentor generation next to take the movement forward.
- Ensure promote the usage of people first language universally among members of KSS and abolish derogatory labels like spastic, autistic, dyslexic etc. by prefixing the person as an individual rather than the stereo typed disability caricature –for example referring to a child as child with spastic cerebral palsy and not as –MR/CP or spastic child.
Koshish Spastic Society is registered under Society ACT XXT OF 1860 No. ASR/326 of YEAR 2005/2006.
You can also contribute in this noble cause by donating any amount to the society. All the donations are exempt by the section 80 G of I T Act 1961 under Registration No CIT – II/TECH/80G/208-2009.
You can make direct deposits to Our Saving Bank account number is 0128280 of KESHTRYA GRAMIN BANK, ZILA PARISHAD COMPLEX, AJNALA ROAD, AMRITSAR . PUNJAB . INDIA
Or can send Bank Draft/Cheque in favour of “Koshish Spastic Society” payable at Amritsar to Koshish Spastic Society, C/o Apollo Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre, Opp District Court, Ajnala Road, Amritsar , Punjab, India.